Monday, January 14, 2019

Good Fortune - Assembling the quilt

Putting the Pieces Together

For whatever reason, it seemed to take me an inordinate amount of time to assemble the two different types of blocks for the center of the quilt.  I finally finished and laid them out on my design wall (actually, the design carpet!) to decide on block placement.





My Sunday afternoon was devoted to sewing all these blocks together.  Then there will be four different borders to assemble and put into place.


By Wednesday, in spite of more help from the cats, I had the borders on.








After a few days, I realized I wanted to make the quilt large enough to work well on my bed.  I added two narrow borders and one larger one, adding about 10.5" in length and width to the original design.  I kept the new borders simple so as to not detract from Bonnie's design.  I am sure the quilt will get a lot more use now that it will fit my bed.




#goodfortunequilt    #quiltvillemystery

To view the progress of other quilters,



1 comment:

  1. It looks great! The cats don't seem to be a lot of help, though.

    ReplyDelete